In a world filled with “From Adele to Taylor Swift, how fast can you move on?“, slut-shaming, and hate, let us take a moment to ponder upon some reasons why we should probably stop judging Taylor Swift’s make out sesh with Tom less than a week after the announcement of her breakup with Calvin.
- Maybe Taylor and Calvin were already completely over each other even before their breakup was made public. Maybe Taylor’s moving on wasn’t as swift as we thought it was.
- There are a lot of ways to cope with loss, tragedy, or pain, and it varies with every individual. It’s not one-size-fits-all, just like our varying notions of happiness, success, and fulfillment. Some people may be able to cope better when they have someone who’s there for them.
- We don’t know the entire story, we most probably never will, and we don’t have to. Maybe we should spend less time formulating opinions on how other people choose to live their lives and spend more time actually living ours.
- This is an opportunity to stop talking about Taylor, Calvin, and Tom, and to start having worthwhile discussions on relationships, romance, moving on, and their psychological implications.
- And maybe we should really just stop judging people. Period.
- Dang, I’m not even a fan. I’m just so tired of everyone always having something to say about other people’s lives. Aren’t you?
“I would always rather be happy than dignified.”
― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre